01 December 2013

Glittery Christmas Lights


As the holiday season is fast approaching, I plan to make several christmas themed nails. Let's start with this Glittery Christmas Lights theme. I will show all the nail polish that I've used as well as the brushes.

Striper brush & small nail brush

Here's how:

Left to right: OPI (Onyx Black), Etude House Shimmery
Clear Polish, Face it Base Coat


I first applied a layer of base coat, then a layer of a clear nail polish with shimmer from etude house. 


After applying the base coat
With the shimmery etude house clear polish

Using a striper brush and a black nail polish, add a thin line on each nail. It can be straight, wavy or curly.


Now moving on to the lights, here are the nail polishes that I've used.

Different colors from the face shop

With a clean sheet of paper, I placed a drop of red nail polish. Using the small nail brush, I gently put a dot of that nail polish on my nail adding a little tail to make it look like a tear-shaped christmas light.


Note: Slowly work on the lights as your hands may be a little bit shaky like mine ;)

With the same process as above, I created more lights using the other nail colors.



After the lights are done and dry. I added a layer of the shimmer clear polish that I've used earlier.

Left to right: The Face Shop top coat, Etude House
Glittery (Evening Dress), Essence (Party Princess)

I then applied 2 coats of Etude House (Evening Dress) and 1 coat of the Essence (Party Princess) on the tip of my nails like a french tip style.

After making sure that my nails are completely dry, I added a layer of top coat.


Hope you guys like this... Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment